Eastway Toyota – Brakes
Toyota brake and friction parts are the only ones designed, engineered and recommended specifically for Toyota’s. They’re built with the understanding that can only come from being the Original Equipment (O.E.) manufacturer.
If you’re looking for the most inexpensive brake parts, you could be compromising quality. Toyota brake parts deliver high value through high quality. When you purchase Toyota OEM Parts, you have Toyota Motor Corporation standing behind you.
The Toyota comprehensive line of brake parts includes:
- Pads and Shoes
- Super Duty Brake Pads
- Rotors and Drums
- Remanufactured Calipers
- Wheel Cylinders
- Brake Hardware Kits
Pads and Shoes
Only Toyota pads and shoes are recommended by Toyota Motor Corporation to ensure they provide the right balance and performance for Toyota vehicles. Many competitive brands say they match O.E. with their use of shims, slots and chamfers to help reduce noise. But in reality, these competitive products are built according to the Friction Materials Standards Institute’s (FMSI) version of the first O.E. pad and shoe specifications for each vehicle, which does not reflect the ongoing testing and improvements of Toyota Motor Company. When comparing the accuracy of the FMSI specifications to Toyota O.E. pads, it was clear a large percentage of O.E. part numbers had been updated since the FMSI printed their specifications book.
Toyota pads and shoes:
- Are manufactured with friction formulas selected for their performance on Toyota vehicles
- Employ friction materials that have been tested to ensure they meet the stopping and fade performance requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
Super Duty Brake Pads
Engineered specifically for vehicles that are frequently exposed to high-heat and wear conditions, the new Super Duty brake pads from Toyota deliver the performance and quality Toyota Motor Company has made standard in all their products.
- Original Equipment (O.E.)-quality abutment points that help reduce pad clatter/rattle and help ensure uniform pad wear.
- Advanced shim design to help reduce noise and improve adhesion between the pad and backing plate.
- Slots engineered to help improve heat and water dissipation by providing a path for gases, wear debris and water to escape from between the pad and rotor surface.
- Toyota Motor Company-tested friction formulas developed specifically for Super Duty brake pads to help ensure increased fade resistance, pad life, and reduced rotor wear under the most severe, high-heat driving conditions.
- Chamfers engineered to reduce the possibility of excessive noise during severe braking and initial break-in period.
Rotors and Drums
Toyota rotors and drums provide less wheel vibration and reduced new brake pedal force.
- Consistent process control on the chemical composition of the U.S. iron leads to consistent hardness and strength, resulting in better long-term durability
- Maintaining strict standards on the rotor plate thickness reduces high temperature warping
- Machining all critical surfaces on the same mounting results in more parallel hub-mounting and braking surfaces. This provides more even wear over longer periods, less thickness variation and lateral run-out, which in turn means less vibration both initially and at higher mileage
- New or enlarged bolt-hole chamfers on mounting surfaces minimize concerns of rotor distortion during rotor and wheel installation
Remanufactured Unloaded Calipers (without pads)
All remanufactured calipers from Toyota® start with the O.E. casting. They’re made of quality materials and undergo production-type testing.
All Toyota remanufactured calipers receive new:
- Phenolic pistons (where originally specified)
- bleed screws and caps
- slide pins and boots (where applicable)
Remanufactured calipers undergo the same testing methodology as O.E. calipers, which includes:
- Seals tested for durability
- Boots tested for leaks
- Pistons tested for abrasion resistance
- Calipers tested for high- and low-pressure leaks